Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kite Festival

This weekend I took the kids to the 1st annual kite festival in Spanish Fork. Dan was out of town for work, but we decided to go and check it out. We took a picnic lunch (Subway sandwiches) and watched the kites. I have to say I thought it was a little dull, but the kids loved it. There were 3 or 4 cool kites, I just thought there would be a lot more. The kids got to make kites out of paper and see some Chinese kites in the kite museum. The weather was great and it was nice to get out of the house for a little while.

They had a guy on a jet ski fly this kite around the reservoir
The kids loved watching from the "beach"
Making their own kites
This was their favorite kite
(Its a scuba diver being chased by sharks)

5 comments:

The Eccles said...

That sounds fun! Sounds like a fun weekend! Sorry you had to do it without a hubby, I know how that is.

Patsy said...

Kristina,
How fun for the children. We used to take ours to the beach when we lived in Eureka. I just read the kite runner and didn't realize that the Afgan people have quite a history in kites.
Mom

Bobbie Murphy said...

Sounds like fun... You are pretty brave to take them all alone. I don't think I could!!! Visit my blog sometime...

Terrie said...

I am so glad you found me! Where are you living? If you went to the kite festival you must still be in Utah. We live in Sandy. I can't believe we have been this close and lost touch. I'd love to see you. Your family is so cute. Talk to you soon

Kirsten said...

I am glad the kids had fun b/c I sure didn't! haha!