Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Day!

We had such a great Thanksgiving. We hosted at our house because I have 3 siblings (plus spouses/fiances) that go to BYU. My parents flew out and we had so much fun. Dan and I made our first "real" turkey. We usually just order a pre-cooked one from Honeybaked Ham, but this year it just wasn't going to be enough to feed everyone. We got an 18 pound turkey and it came out perfect! We had 12 people total and I wish I had taken a picture of how we all fit in our kitchen. It was definitely cozy! I didn't get a lot of pictures since it was such a busy day, but from the couple I got, you can tell we had a great time. After dinner, we went to the new theater by the University Mall and saw Madagascar 2. I highly recommend it, that movie is hilarious, even for adults. Throughout the week with my parents here we shopped, ate, saw a few movies and ATE!

Kylie and Ben at the kids table
Ben was attacking Uncle Brian
(laying on the ground)

Amanda sitting next to the appetizer table.
(We made 7 layer dip, apple dip and a cheese ball for Dan)

My parents playing Princess checkers with Kylie
(somehow she always won :) )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time. Thanks for having us!

Patsy said...

Great for you all to cook the turkey and host -a very blessed family. We were certainly thinking of you too at our packed home. We had 26 at final count and there was enough for all! Love, Mom W.

The Eccles said...

Good job guys! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!